Lemon peels contain 10 times the amount of vitamins than lemon juice. Lemons contain high amounts of vitamin C, minerals, fibre, anti-oxidants, and potassium. The peel contains important enzymes that help with digestion.
Lemon peels (and most citrus peels) helps to move stagnation of the Spleen and relieve poor appetite. It is ingested to aid in digestion, relieve gas and bloating and dissolve phlegm. Its nature is classified as sour, pungent, warm and slightly bitter entering through the digestive system, Spleen and Stomach. It also greatly helps the respiratory system.
Lemon peels assist in:
- Relieving abdominal distension.
- Promotes weight loss due to containing pectin which helps us feel full and promote good bacteria and detoxification.
- Aids with vomiting and diarrhoea.
- Ideal to keep Liver happy.
- Prevents bacterial and fungal infections.
- Treats high blood pressure due to containing high levels of vitamin P (do not take if you are on blood pressure medication, or consult your medical doctor first).
- Contains bio-flavonoids which help to remove toxins within our bodies.
- Helps to stabilise blood vessels, especially the capillaries, making it ideal for healing varicose veins, bloodshot eyes, inflammation and hemorrhoid (consult your medical doctor first if your on medication).
- Helps with oral health and hygiene because the peels are rich in citric acid.
- Prevents and treats the growth of cancer cells due to containing salvestrol Q40 and limonene.