Mainstream medicine advises against the use of honey for the first 6-12 months of life due to risk of botulism. Apparently some samples of honey are found to contain tiny quantities of live botulinum bacteria. If botulinum enters the body through the skin, it is dangerous. But if it enters through the gut, the dangers are only present in the underdeveloped digestive system. By 6 months old, the dangers are very small. By 1 year they have disappeared.
The dangers are greatly overplayed. A quick literature search shows about one baby in every 4 years showing symptoms of botulism and these babies all recovered unharmed.
With such a small sample being affected, it is impossible to rule out other factors causing symptoms of the central nervous paralysis (talk to me in person about other factors).