Maca Root Powder
When I hear people say that they drink coffee or energy drinks to give them that boost for the day or their libido is low, my instant reaction is to tell them to purchase organic maca powder. Black powder is best as it is closest in colour to the soil. If you cannot obtain black, golden and then white although white powder does not really affect anything.
Maca powder can be purchased from health food shops, grocery stores and supermarkets. I take it directly into the mouth.
Maca is a starchy tuber that looks like a radish. It grows high in the Andes and is used as food by Andean Indians.
Here are some benefits of maca:
1. Highly nutritious.
2. Increases libido in men and women (I prefer over Yin Yang Huo (horny goat weed) as this is hot in nature where maca is neutral).
3. May increase fertility in men.
4. May help relieve symptoms of menopause.
5. Improves mood.
6. Boosts sports performance and energy.
7. Applied topically, it can protect skin from sun (I do not use sun cream on my children as they contain poisons).
8. May improve memory and learning.
9. May reduce prostate size.
10. Maintains bone density.
Maca root is available in a variety of supplements, both by itself and combined with other ingredients. Whether it’s consumed for enhancing energy, increasing libido, or improving bone density, maca is a tasty addition to any diet. For many people, maca root is a daily food, used in smoothies, soups, and baked goods. For those of you who do not consume maca root on a daily basis, you might want to look into increasing your intake.